03 January, 2012

FreeScore.com is a Fraud


FreeScore.com is a Fraud








It’s rare that I encounter out and out fraud, but I think I saw it this morning, and I am writing because the perpetrator, FreeScore, is a partner of Trulia and I think Trulia needs to know.
I was searching Trulia this morning for foreclosures and homes, thinking it was time once again to invest in Arizona real estate. Trulia is partnered with RealtyTrac, and RealtyTrac has been trying to get me to upgrade from my free account for a long time, but I am a veteran of online services and I know I don’t need their data for more than a little while, and if I sign up, I will probably not be able to unsubscribe. But I did want to check my credit score, I know I have the right to do so at no cost once a year, so I clicked.
Big mistake. I was supposed to be “one click away” from my scores, but after I opened an account I was asked for more and more information about myself, and had to check boxes that sold me more and more added services (identity theft protection, personalized credit scores, etc). Worse, I couldn’t get to what I HAD signed up for, because there were no other links and there was no opt-out.
After a while, I kept going only to see how bad it was.
After I had signed up for the 7-day free trial, given my credit card, and taken a test to see if I was myself (“which of these counties is the one in which you live”), I was told to re-enter my password, which I did.
Then I hit the page with all the “free offers” for me: the Chase credit card, the bank accounts, etc., and all the other things I could buy. There was, finally, a big link to my three scores, which I clicked, only to get a message that said “The page you requested cannot be found.”
So I called customer service, and a very condescending dumb person (not a sexist, so I won’t say what kind) told me to re-enter my password. I did. He/she walked me through the log-in process as though I were an idiot, and we got to the same place. He/she put me on hold, and got another person, only slightly more articulate (these people were NOT from India, believe me), who told me she was making a note and I should try again in a few hours.
I just did. Guess what?
It is now my contention that this site has no intention of furnishing free credit scores, and exists only to take money from unwary consumers and up-sell services. They have now tangled with the wrong little old lady. I am on my way toRipOffReport.

Ayeza Khan Photoshoot 2020, Ayeza Khan Photos, Ayeza Khan 2020 New

Ayeza Khan Hot Photoshoot Ayeza Khan Hot Photoshoot, Ayeza Khan, Ayeza Khan Photos